Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

EXO Is Always At The Airport: A Fashion Retrospective

It's true.... The members of EXO-K and EXO-M are ALWAYS at the airport.  I'm never sure where they're going or what they're going to be doing when they get there, but I'm forever seeing the pics.  There's often some major fashion moments taking place in these pics; some good, some bad but always notable.  Enjoy: This post is image heavy

So You Were Wondering What EXO's "Wolf" & "Growl" Drama Version MVs Are About? Pt. 1

It has come to my attention that people are confused as hell about EXO 's " Wolf " and " Growl " drama version MVs, and have been since they came out.  Well, it's your lucky day, because I'm here to explain the shit out of them for you, in the way I know best: I'm going to tell you a little story.  Fyi, this will be done in two parts, so bear with me.

[Guest Post] Stormy Asks: Has SHINee Peaked? Let's Play "Can SHINee Top This?"

I've got Stormy of MyMusicRadar! here with another Another Odd Opinion piece, because this lady is so opinionated.  This time she's talking about SHINee and wondering what's going on with them.... You'll see what I mean if you read on.

Has SHINee Peaked? Let's play "Can SHINee Top This?"


Written by: StormofStarzz, MyMusicRadar!

Shinee Sherlock Gayo Daejun December 2013

I'm a little worried.... I know I know, you all probably see me as the bitchy, "oh what can I find wrong now" article writer, and sometimes I am.  I've evolved; I was not always this way.  When I first started my writing career I was always positive and tended to be semi-delusional, especially about my loves.  I was always honest.  I still am.

I love SHINee, all of SHINee, please don't ever forget that.

A little something has been worrying me way back in my brain since SHINee's comeback with 'Why So Serious?'  Has SHINee peaked?

Shinee performs Lucifer Gayo Daejun 2010

Lets go back to Lucifer.  Lucifer was really the beginning of big changes for SHINee.  Jonghyun's long note in Lucifer was killer.  Fans timed it out to almost 20 seconds in some live performances.  Killer.  The choreo?  Also killer.  Onew in particular complained a lot about Lucifer's choreography.

Shinee performs Lucifer at the Gayo Daejun 101229

Lucifer won multiple awards for SHINee, including 2 on Mubank and twice on Inkigayo as well as a GDA for 2010 and a Bonsang for 2011 (nominated for best choreo JVMA 2012).

SHINee performs Sherlock

How to top that?  Sherlock.  Let's combine TWO songs and get Tony Testa to do the choreography. Who does this?!!!  SHINee did this.  Oh that high stepping dance!  SHINee almost collapsed on stage from the dance alone.  Still they managed to not only perform it flawlessly, they also performed it LIVE!  Sherlock won 2012 Best Male Dance at the MAMA's, a 2013 GDA Bonsang and 8 Music Show awards. There was no stopping SHINee!  Can they top this?

SHINee performs Dream Girl

Exhausted from Japan promos, SHINee comes back with 'Chapter 1 Dream Girl' So this time Tony Testa decides to add props to SHINee's choreography.  Wait WHUT?  Add microphone stands to the dance?  YES, Yes, yes, Mr. Testa went there.  The results?  10 Music Show Awards and an ALL Kill.  Phenomenal!  Who can beat them now?

SHINee BTS Why So Serious?

This, my friends and fans, brings us to today and why I'm so worried right here, right now.

There has been lots of complaints about 'Why So Serious?' starting with Jonghyun not participating due to his car accident, to 'Why So Serious?' just being a lousy song.  Lousy?  From SHINee????  Really really?  This opinion came from both K-netizens & I-netizens btw.

SHINee has been promoting this song for several weeks now and....not one music show win.  NOT ONE!!!!  How could this be true????  What the hell goes on here?

First off, there were changes in the voting process having to do with the sales both digital and physical.  It actually has done quite well in digital sales.  Then there is the live vote.  Who's been winning?  One word... Psy.  He h as been winning everything with 'Gentleman'.

'Why So Serious?' did manage to top the Billboard World Music Charts. Quite impressive really!  Was it the change in choreographer to Devin Jamieson?  I don't think so.  The choreography is still world class in my book.

My only complaint here?  Since when does a SHINee member get a pass on doing tough choreo?

Shinee does the splits in Why So Serious?

Onew did state that the man-split caused him some back pain and with Jonghyun already out, they really don't need to lose another member.  Things are tough enough right now for SHINee.  Is it Taemin's participation in WGM?  Some fans did threaten to leave the fandom because of it, but I highly doubt enough left to make any real difference.

Did they comeback too fast with Chapter 2?

Hence my worry.  It's been a long time since SHINee has promoted without winning something!  Maybe I'm spoiled.  Maybe I just expect SHINee to perform on music shows and to win.  Maybe I'm being all delulu again.

BTW 4Minute won today.....without Hyuna....

4minute

Then there is the dreaded 5 year curse.

SHINee celebrates their 5 year anniversary on May 28th of this month......

So has SHINee peaked?  Have they outdone themselves?  Have they set the bar so high its difficult to top themselves now?  I sure hope not.  I guess I still have more questions than answers.  One thing I know for sure: I adore my SHINee boys!  Every last quirky, nerdy, fabulous one of them, and I fully expect to continue to see them out doing themselves for years to come.

Shinee fighting!

"FIGHTING SHINee!  You've worked hard!"

Stormy



What is your opinion, dear reader?  Do you think SHINee is headed for the dreaded 5 year curse or are they going strong?


Source: MyMusicRadar!, onewrang, newsen, smtownglobal, pretty hands, Mumu Chen.  Credit as tagged and where due.

  Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

Steal Their Style: As Requested, Some SHINee "Dream Girl" Fashion

Other blogs have already talked about SHINee 's " Dream Girl " mv fashion and what brands they're wearing, but a few visitors to the blog have asked me for some specific items. LC asked me where she could get Jonghyun 's white floral pants from the mv, w hich he also wore at their  Naver comeback special :

Jonghyun and Taemin Do Seo Taiji's "Internet War", Tear the House Down 120818

I had to post this 'cause they did it again.