Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

EXO Is Always At The Airport: A Fashion Retrospective

It's true.... The members of EXO-K and EXO-M are ALWAYS at the airport.  I'm never sure where they're going or what they're going to be doing when they get there, but I'm forever seeing the pics.  There's often some major fashion moments taking place in these pics; some good, some bad but always notable.  Enjoy: This post is image heavy

So You Were Wondering What EXO's "Wolf" & "Growl" Drama Version MVs Are About? Pt. 1

It has come to my attention that people are confused as hell about EXO 's " Wolf " and " Growl " drama version MVs, and have been since they came out.  Well, it's your lucky day, because I'm here to explain the shit out of them for you, in the way I know best: I'm going to tell you a little story.  Fyi, this will be done in two parts, so bear with me.

Kpop WTF: SHINee's Taemin and A Pink's Na Eun Get Together For "We Got Married"

As I'm sure many of you have heard, it was recently announced that SHINee's Taemin would be appearing on the show "We Got Married" and that he would be partnered with A Pink's Na Eun.  As soon as I heard this I started laughing for obvious reasons.  Why was I laughing?  Well I know nothing about the show, really, but I do know that it involves 2 Kpop stars "dating", "living together" and "getting married".

Obviously this news started a shit storm of protests.  Taemin stans were shocked, they were appalled and they are guaranteed to be sitting around their TVs watching when his episodes are first aired.   The "We Got Married" producers are ratings geniuses, I tell you!  Let's take a look at the teaser that was released today:


shinee's taemin and a pink's na eun we got married teaser screencap
Taemin's loving look.



Is that enraged screaming I hear?  Alright relax, young Shawols.  It's really not as bad as you think.  Let's figure this out, why don't we??

According to my friend Stormy, who's been watching the show for years, the premise of "We Got Married" is this one:  They put a couple together for a fake marriage (got that part!).  There are missions to help them grow closer, like a holding hands mission and a back hug mission.  For instance, they send the couple out for a walk by the Han river or to go get coffee or something, and within a set amount of time they have to hold hands or do the back hug.  Eventually the couple gets to live in WGM village in one of 3 apartments.  
Scandalous!  What??  But...but... They're babies!!

Actually it's not that scandalous.  Na Eun is 19 in the-rest-of-the-world age but 20 or 20 in Korean age, while Taemin is 20 in international years but 21 in Korea (I still don't get that whole deal, but whatever).  People have gotten married for realsies at a younger age here in the U.S. and in other countries of the world, so let's not get overly excited here.   

A PD for the show revealed the reason why they were cast for the show:

“We were looking for a new on-screen couple who’d give off the vibe of a first love. We interviewed various celebrities, but out of them, Taemin and Na Eun who hardly have any dating experience, seemed the most suited, and they also have a lot of things in common.”
“Specifically, when they were discussing the topic of love, Taemin talked about his elementary school days while Na Eun talked about her kindergarten days… They met during the first filming and exuded an innocent and fresh vibe. We ask that the viewers also watch over the new on-screen couple of Taemin and Na Eun with love.”

Lovely!  You know what's even more cute?  The couple didn't know who would be their counterpart for the show until they saw each other on Jeju island.  All together now: Awwww.

Also, did you know that Taemin and Na Eun previously met while filming the show 2012 "Salamander Guru and the Shadows"?  They played brother and sister.  That just adds another thrill of excitement to the whole thing, doesn't it?  Hahaaa...

The couple were spotted filming their romantic "date" for the show on April 17th on Jeju island:

shinee taemin a pink na eun wgm fantaken pic 1

shinee taemin a pink na eun wgm fantaken pic 2

shinee taemin a pink na eun wgm fantaken pic 3

shinee taemin a pink na eun wgm fantaken pic 4

taemin na eun fantaken we got married pic
Taemin and Na Eun are replacing Secret's Sunhwa and ZE:A's Kwanghee.

They're riding a boat, they're having romantic dinners and nights out on the beach.  Oh boy!

All young Shawols, repeat after me:  "I will not freak out, I will not freak out, I will not freak out."  That is your new mantra, got it?  It's ok, people... It's just a show.  Taemin isn't really going to get married anytime soon; and if he did you'd be totally happy for him, because that's what real fans do.  Got it?  Good.


The first episode of the "We Got Married" featuring Taemin and Na Eun will be shown on April 27th.  Will you be watching?


Source: MBCentertainment, akp 1, 2, 3, soompi.  All images credit where due.  Screencap by Oddness/Weirdness.  Take out with full credit.

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

Steal Their Style: As Requested, Some SHINee "Dream Girl" Fashion

Other blogs have already talked about SHINee 's " Dream Girl " mv fashion and what brands they're wearing, but a few visitors to the blog have asked me for some specific items. LC asked me where she could get Jonghyun 's white floral pants from the mv, w hich he also wore at their  Naver comeback special :

Jonghyun and Taemin Do Seo Taiji's "Internet War", Tear the House Down 120818

I had to post this 'cause they did it again.